Posts Tagged ‘Wine Testing’

Wine Bug Closed

Monday, June 26th, 2006

Last week I reported a bug about the MSXML installer crashing in wine. Got a quick turn around on a fix. (bug 5481)

Google Code – Open Source Patches: Wine

Saturday, May 27th, 2006

Heres a link to Google’s wine patches from the Picasa port. Apprently they hired CodeWeavers to do the work.

Google Code – Open Source Patches: Wine

SlingPlayer Update

Tuesday, April 25th, 2006

There has been some activity on the SlingPlayer related bugg I reported to the Wine team. It appears the bug actually affects other applications that use InstallShield as well. The problem was briefly fixed in 0.9.12, which I installed this week, but has been broken again in CVS head according to Philip Neves.

In the mean time I’ll continue to test it under 0.9.12. There are some additional steps towards getting the applications to run and they still don’t work perfectly. (more notes to come at a later date)

I also plan to retest Meetro, VLC and my other open bugs under 0.9.12. I’d really like to see the In2TV issues resolved, because I want my Babylon 5!

Wine Update

Wednesday, April 12th, 2006

Yes, I’ve still be trying out various APPs under wine, but most of them work fine unless they require 3d. Apparently I need to configure X a bit better on this computer. For example, yesterday I installed and ran soldat, which installs fine but won’t run due to 3d requirements.

Anyways, most of my bugs are still open. I’m going to scale blogging back to just interesting items. I’ll reserve the rest for the AppDB on winehq.org.

Wine – Weekend Update

Saturday, March 18th, 2006

Apparently my issues with Snoodoku (4852) under Wine are related to my X and video card configuration, and not a wine issue. (see bug As result my bug report was closed.

Additionally others have reported success with Lemonade Stand, so that might be a configuration issue as well. I’ll be testing with more debug options and a newer version of wine this week.

On another note, I updated my wine install to 0.9.10 on Friday and began retesting my bug reports under the new version. Meetro (4848) is still broken, as is SlingPlayer (bug 4871).

I haven’t been able to retest the yahoo games under it yet. I’ll probably take the weekend off and start again Monday.